25 Jun 2007
12 Apr 2017
Downloads & Links resources
- The Violent Nature of Crime in South Africa: A concept paper for the Justice, Crime Prevention and Security Cluster – (Advocacy)
This concept paper represents the first component of an overall project on the violent nature of crime, which has been commissioned by the Department of Safety and Security acting on behalf of the Justice, Crime Prevention and Security Cluster.
The objectives of the concept paper are:
- To present an overall picture of the nature of violence in South Africa.
- To answer questions relating to:
- Why there is so much violent crime.
- Why there is so much “acquaintance violence” between people who are
- known to each other.
- Why there is such a high degree of violence in many criminal incidents
- To make recommendations regarding criminal justice responses to violent crime and violence prevention measures, which are relevant both to the JCPS and social development clusters.