07 Jun 2021
14 Jun 2021
Downloads & Links resources
- Session 1: The role of (dis)aggregated data for policy making and implementation: the case of crime stats, by Lizette Lancaster – (Presentation)
- Session 1: Translating evidence to practice: lessons from implementation sciene, by Shanaaz Mathews – (Presentation)
- Session 1: Evidence for policy-making in violence prevention, by Lilian Mashele – (Presentation)
- Session 2: SAPS safety initiatives, by Gen Oswald Reddy – (Presentation)
- Session 3: Stepping Stones and Creating Futures, by Laura Washington and Sivuyile Khaula – (Presentation)
- Session 3: Impact of harmful norms on GBVF and violence, by Rumbi Chidoori – (Presentation)
- Session 4: The urban safety reference group, by Siphelele Ngobese – (Presentation)
- Session 4: The influence of the physical environment on community safety, by Tinus Kruger – (Presentation)
- Session 5: Parenting programmes, by Katharine Frost – (Presentation)
The 2021 SaferSpaces Online Conference was themed: Preventing Violence in South Africa - From policy making to evidence-based implementation.
In a series of webinars on the 7th and 8th of June, we drew from the existing evidence, experience and expertise of the civil society, academia and government sector in the prevention of violence and discussed how this could be utilised for the evidence-based implementation of the most relevant South African safety policy frameworks. The two-day online conference reflected on the prospects of the effective implementation of relevant evidence-based violence prevention interventions in South Africa.
These are the powerpoint presentations used by speakers during the conference.