01 Apr 2015
15 May 2018
Downloads & Links resources
The National School Safety Framework (NSSF) was developed by CJCP with funding from UNICEF. CJCP partnered with the Department of Basic Education (DBE) on the roll-out and implementation of the NSSF. The NSSF is based on the earlier Hlayiseka School Safety Programme, also developed by CJCP. The NSSF provides a framework for addressing school safety within the context of the broader community, and within the prevailing legislative and policy context. The NSSF manual contains practical tools and templates that school can administer in order to:
- Identify the safety and violence risks at the school
- Measure staff and learner experiences of crime and violence at school
- Develop a sound action plan which integrates data gathered from learners and staff
- Measure and evaluate the impact of the action plan.
- The NSSF was formally approved by the Minister of Basic Education in April 2015, and is now being rolled out to all South African schools.