Save the Children South Africa – Organisation
National (all SA), Free State, Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo
We aim to put children at the centre of everything we do
Save the Children South Africa is part of the world’s largest independent development and rights based organisation for children, represented in over 120 countries worldwide. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. In South Africa, we aim to work in all provinces to ensure that every child, especially the most vulnerable, has a happy and healthy childhood.
Our core values
Accountability | Ambition | Collaboration | Creativity | Integrity | Ubuntu | Passion | Learning
Our five programme areas
- Holistic Early Childhood Care and Development Programme: Giving young children under five a safe, stimulating and quality early living and learning environment.
- Health and Nutrition Programme: Ensuring that no child under the age of five dies from preventable disease, and all children in South Africa will grow healthily and have long-term good health.
- Education Programme: Improving eduction so every child in South Africa receives a quality basic education.
- Child Protection Programme: Working to make sure all children in South Africa thrive in a safe environment free from violence.
- Children’s Rights Governance Programme: Advocating so that all children will benefit from a strengthened child-rights system that advances and monitors the realisation of their rights.