The Inkwenkwezi Youth Development Sporting Foundation is a youth-led rural based non governmental, Non Profit Company eastablished in 2015 by unemployed graduates to give back to their communities and to gain practical workplace skills. Furthermore, to be a platform for the youth to showcase their skills and talents.
Our vision is empowered, self reliant youth who initiate and participate in socio-economic development of self and others trapped in similar socio-economic and socio-ecòlogical conditions.
Our mission is to Instil moral values at an early stage of human development through:
- Early Childhood Development; and
- Sport Development;
- Youth dialogues;
- Gender mainstreaming (Young Women);
- Enterprise development;
- Establish after-school ICT and sport facilities;
- To advance sustainable development agenda 2030; and
- To help implement government and private sector programmes; and SETA's mandate aimed at rural youth development.
Our strategic goal is a crime free society where the youth is safe, employable, academically achieving, healthy and socially connected.
The Inkwenkwezi Youth Development Sporting Foundation (IYDSF) is committed to promoting youth safety, healthy lifestyle and inclusive communities, where the youth take active ownership of their personal safety and wellness. And this will be achieved through the following strategic objectives:
- Increased commitment and investment in youth;
- Increased recognition of youth development as a smart investment by the public and private sectors;
- Promote understanding of inequalities amongst youth and how to effectively address the needs of the most disadvantaged;
- Mobilize, engage and increase youth participation, mainstreaming and partnerships;
- Strengthen networks and partnerships among Governments, youth-led organizations, academia, civil society organizations, the private sector and the media to enhance commitment and support for holistic youth development;
- Empower and support youth as agents of social inclusion and change;
- Connect young people to role models, mentors, resources, skills, entrepreneurship, bursaries, employment and internship opportunities;
- Improve the health and wellbeing of the youth to allow them to lead productive and fulfilled lives; and
- Ensuring youth access to quality education and skills development opportunities.