HOPE Cape Town – Organisation
Cape Town – Tygerberg District
University of Stellenbosch Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences;
Fransie van Zijl Drive;
Founded in 2001, HOPE Cape Town is a registered Non-Profit Organisation and Public Benefit Organisation with Level 4BBBEE status. It comprises four separate entities:
- HOPE Cape Town Trust is responsible for raising funds and ensuring sustainability of the organisation;
- HOPE Cape Town Association is the programmes implementation and monitoring body;
- HOPE Cape Town USA encourages exchange of ideas, learning and collaboration while promoting HOPE Cape Town’s programmes;
- HOPE Kapstadt Stiftung is our German trust which enables our German donors to support us and is responsible for our annual premier event HOPE Gala Dresden.
HOPE Cape Town strives to improve the quality of life of children and their families affected by HIV, social challenges and related conditions, and assists them to reach their full potential.
Hands-on Child and Family support; Medical Research and Clinical work; Awareness, Prevention and Training.
- At the forefront of establishing an HIV/AIDS framework with international partners;
- 23 Community Health Workers supporting and impacting 18 communities in the Western Cape;
- Bridging the gap between grassroots and science;
- Early Childhood Development/ First 1000 Days Campaign interventions in under-resourced communities;
- Timely diagnosis, support and care for children with neurodevelopmental delays.
- Verifiable results through monitoring and evaluation;
- Successful local and international partnerships since 2001;
- Training and awareness programmes for non-profit organisations, government and the private sector;
- Elective Student programme;
- Internships and Volunteer programmes.