338 Manenberg Avenue
Manenberg, Cape Town
Arise was established in 2007 with its main objective to alleviate unemployment within poorer communities. Arise launched its program in Manenberg in 2007 and spread out to 16 different communities. In 2010 Arise was registered as an NPO.
Arise is an organization that builds dreams and creates champions. This is a process that takes dedication and perseverance. Our technical team are highly skilled an effective. Since the inception of the program our vision was to be vessels of change, which will spill over into entire communities. Arise has effectively worked in 21 Communities and impacted over 6000 young people’s lives.
In 2009 Arise became a member of the Sport for Social Change Network, Southern Africa. The Sport for Social Change Network, in short SSCN, is a meeting point for organizations involved in sport for development. It offers a platform for knowledge exchange, promotion of good practice, capacity development and advocacy
Our aim is to maximize the opportunity for learners to face the challenges of their everyday lives by using Football and Education as a platform for young people to achieve their educational and professional goals.
Arise is divided into 3 focus areas:
- Youth Development through education and sport
- Poverty alleviation
- Life skills through football Workshops
- Violence Prevention through football Workshops
- Environmental Awareness workshops
- Health Awareness ( HIV/AIDS) Workshops
- Coaching Clinics
- Visualization coaches training methods
- Player training and development
- Team building
- Administrators Training and Development
- Street Soccer Development
- Life Choices and Career Development
- Retail chain store training and placement.
- New Venture Creation Training, Small business registration and implementation
- Training and Capacity building for Organisations
- Feeding Scheme: Providing participants with a meal