My motivation to join SaferSpaces:
Extensive knowledge of Community Engagements with specific focus on GBV and VE. Engagement with Youth is addressed at schools and rehabilitation centres and on a spiritual level. Prevention of GBV Strategies with focus on the boy-child. I am the founder and chairman of It-Starts@Home NPO with my core focus on prevention of GBV; School Engagements; and Harm Reduction. I create awareness among young people of the dangers of substance abuse and I support the healing and restoration of those who have fallen victim.
I'm working in these sectors:
I'm specialising in these theme(s):
- Association: SAPS and Rehabilitation Centres, Social Development,
- Facilitate workshops on GBV and VE and Trauma in Communities.
- Advise and prepare Victims of GBV and Sexual Assault on Court Procedures
- Conducted Workshops on Social Justice for UNISA: Tirisano Centre is Collaborative centre of the departments of Health Studies,Social Work and Sociology within the College of Human Sciences at UNISA) for NGO's /CBO's and students studying Psychology and Social Work and for the House of Traditional Leaders and Spiritual Leader
- Crime Prevention: School Engagement:Motivational talks with students to reduce school drop-outs,unemployment;falling prey to "sugar daddy's leading to unsafe abortion,human trafficking,HIV infection.
- Courses attended: GBV, Victim Empowerment,Trauma Debriefing
- Course attended presented by Save the Children: 1. Intergrating issues of children's sexuality and gender in programmes dealing with sexual and reproductive health and Rights and HIV and AIDS. 2. Facilitating the Personal,Process- Orientated Approach