My motivation to join SaferSpaces:
South Africa is developing from the ruins of Apartheid and racial segregation, which has resulted in black people living in abject poverty, overcrowding and unemployment. This situation has resulted in high levels of crime and violence, including abuse against women and children. It is this, which has motivated me to engage my energy, skills and time to work with children and youth.
I'm working in these sectors:
I'm specialising in these theme(s):
- Creation of comprehensive awareness programmes in the school yard.
- Organising and skilling youth in the townships and rural villages.
- Bringing in-school and out-of-school youth to clubs that would focus their energies away from drugs and violence.
- Organising and managing festivals for children and youth.
- Community development service.
- Creative arts professional
- Events management skills
- Senior management work experience in the government.
- Creating awareness against child-abuse and domestic violence prevention through use of creative arts among schools learners and community members.