My motivation to join SaferSpaces:
I grew up and was born in Vereening. The challenges and hardships of the urban environment of the Sedibeng area inspired me to become an architect and urban designer. I have written a dissertation based on Intergrating Vereeniging's public transport system and updgrading it. This dissertation was completed in 2016. It also examines the possibilities of accomodating informal trade and transforming negative spaces in the city into possitive spaces. The lessons and experience I have gained offer substancial insight towards addressing the challenges that the Vereeniging CBD faces.
I'm working in these sectors:
I'm specialising in these theme(s):
- My expertise are based on designing public spaces and buildings that transform the living conditions of its users and the urban environment as a whole.
- I am also an accomplisted academic and I am able to carry out research on various topics such as culture, history, emperical data collection and statistics.
- My professional field (architecture, urban design and academic research) have all developed my ability and efficiency in problem solving.
- Working with and leading a team of people from different fields and expertise.
- Certificate in Project Management from the University of the Witwatersrand (2012).
- I have a Master Degree in Architecture from the University of the Witwatersrand (2016).
- I am currently completing a Masters Degree in Urban Design at the University of the Witwatersrand (2018)
- I have 6 years working experience.