The Safety and Violence Initiative (SaVI) at the University of Cape Town will be hosting a conference titled, Violence Prevention, Safety Promotion and the Sustainable Development Goals which will take place from 15-16 October 2018.
This conference will take place at the River Club in Observatory, Cape Town. The conference will be multidisciplinary. A selection of papers from the conference will be considered for inclusion in a special issue of Stability: International Journal of Security and Development, which is an open access, accredited, peer-reviewed journal. For more details on this journal please see: https://www.stabilityjournal.org
This conference offers an opportunity for researchers from all relevant academic disciplines working on violence prevention and safety promotion to present their current research.
- The submission deadline for conference abstracts was 17 June 2018. Successful applicants will be informed by 29 June 2018.
- The deadline for the submission of conference papers will be 31 August 2018.
No honorarium or speaker fee will be paid to conference presenters. All conference presenters and attendees are required to pay the registration fee.
Registration fees (including lunch and refreshments):
- Full conference fee (Academic/Professional) – R 2,500.00 early registration
- Full conference fee (Academic/Professional) – R 3,000.00 late registration (from 1 September 2018)
- Full conference fee (Student) – R 1,600.00 early registration
- Full conference fee (Student) – R 2,100.00 late registration (from 1 September 2018)
Please contact Lameez Mota on +27 (0) 21 650 4862 or email email@example.com should you have any queries.