Benefits of membership
The aim of SaferSpaces is to bring together and connect community safety and violence prevention practitioners across South Africa, supporting them in sharing their knowledge and learning from each other.
If you are a practitioners, register here. As a member, you can:
- promote your work: Create profiles for yourself, your organisation and your project(s).
SaferSpaces is a central exchange portal for all safety-related projects and initiatives in South Africa.
- exchange resources: share your resources - e.g. reports, videos, infographics, manuals, toolkits - and turn SaferSpaces into a central resource hub on community safety and violence and crime prevention in South Africa.
- announce events: promote your public events amongst a growing network of practitioners and interested individuals.
- share expertise: get involved as a topic expert and become the custodian of thematic background pages.
You are not a practitioner but interested in the topic?
Explore the wealth of information freely accessible on SaferSpaces. Be inspired and learn how you could contribute to a safer South Africa in your community.
As a visitor, you can:
- freely access all knowledge, information and resources provided on SaferSpaces.
- receive our newsletter and stay informed about latest news, projects, resources and events. Sign up at the bottom of the main page.
- learn about community safety and violence and crime prevention in South Africa.
- browse resources that can help you understand different topics or that may be valuable for research.
- be inspired by inspiring projects and events related to a safer South Africa.