After months of intensive work and preparations, SaferSpaces has finally gone live. SaferSpaces is an interactive platform run by and for safety practitioners in South Africa to connect, share knowledge and learn from each other.
Come and explore the site. Discover projects that are doing remarkable work to make communities in South Africa safer. Learn about main causes for violence and crime, how they can be prevented and find practical tools, manuals and guidelines. If you work in community safety or violence prevention - for example for government, an NGO or a research institute - register for free and start connecting with other practitioners and organisations across the country.
SaferSpaces needs your participation and contributions to be continuously filled with new, exciting content.
Here is how you can benefit from SaferSpaces:
- Register for free as a user - click here.
- Link yourself to your organisation's profile and show others the work it does. Or easily create a new profile for your organisation if it is not yet on the list.
- Once registered, log in to the site and start to connect with other members.
- Upload and share resources - be they from yourself or your organisation. Start here!
- Tell others about the work you are doing. Promote your project by filling out and submitting a project profile. Find out more here!
- Announce your events on SaferSpaces. Just write us an e-mail at email@example.com
- Become involved as a topic expert and contribute to new thematic pages in the Understand section. Contact us with your ideas and suggestions!
Let us work together for a safer South Africa!